I am a Principal Full Stack Engineer with over 20 years of experience in software development,
software design and architecture, cloud infrastructure, scalable and distributed applications and systems integrations.
I've worked both in large organizations and small startups (also co-founded one).
I enjoy wearing multiple hats and working across the whole stack, including devops and performance optimizations. I've been working remotely since 2005.
- Cofounded and developed frontend, backend and mobile app for location aware real time job platform JOBUBA
- Helped scale forksmealplanner from 1300 to 400k+ users, which required in-depth optimizations and refactoring of backend, frontend and infrastructure
- Built and shipped a SaaS product in 8 days as part of the ProductHunt hackathon
- Back in 2004 I built a node orchestration system where millions of documents could be processed in parallel with any number of nodes and thus speeded up batch documents processing by over 1000%
My personal interests include:
- I really enjoy learning new stuff related to software development - be it backend, frontend, devops or UX.
- If time permits, I try to get involved in hackathons, where I get a chance to meet new people and try to learn new tech.
- I'm following the blockchain development and I'm an advisor to award winning blockchain music startup imusify.
- Helped refactor imusify and lead development for the Microsoft China blockchain competition.
- Push notification system to help with abandoned shopping carts and anonymous customer communication.
- I enjoy all sorts of competitions. I used to race cars, then raced with sailplanes and I'm currently racing with paragliders at the world cup level.
“I greatly enjoyed working with Tadej on this short-term project. I gave him a pretty vague scope just to ‘dive in and see what you can do to make our service faster’. 5 days later he delivered a professional and insightful 10-page set of recommendations to our team which has helped us significantly improve the speed and reliability of our service (in some cases by 10x)! Tadej is a very competent developer and great communicator. I look forward to working with him again.”
“I’m always a bit nervous when engaging somebody to do work on one of my projects. Tadej Krevh was referred to me by a colleague, who assured me he was very good. And you know, he was right! Tadej is very skilled, easy to communicate with (important), and will not hesitate to patiently explain why one of my hare-brained ideas may not be so good, and suggest an alternative. Tadej is exactly the sort of developer you need to get things done: honest, professional, and actually cares about his clients, even after the job is done.”
“Tadej is an outstanding and creative engineer:
“At age 21 I created my first company where we developed modules for various open source platforms. 2 years later we generated 200.000€ in revenue. Company was sold at my age 23. I though I was the best. While meeting Tadej at implementing various programming tasks I have seen that I was wrong. Tadej is the BEST at programming. No matter the programming language, Tadej created high quality code and always provided needed support. I HIGHLY recommend him.”
“Tadej joined Odateam as a developer, used to perform in different environment and culture than our company was and still is requiring, as we live the agile software development practices. Tadej was strong and experienced enough to adapt quickly and soon took over the development in some of the technical areas of our software package called Symass. He contributed a significant part of not only well created, tested and documented code, but also brought a broader aspect in our team, considering the alternatives and variations to what we were used to at that time.”